Voice Project works with numerous local councils on an on-going basis to help them assess their culture, leadership and work practices and to implement changes. Through these experiences, we have learnt about issues faced by local government and factors that really matter in determining organisational outcomes.
- Fit for the future? (Presentation by Dr Louise Parkes examining the effectiveness of council preparations in preparing to meet local government reform in NSW.)
- Perspectives from hard hats & high vis vests: What outdoor staff think about their workplace (by Frank Basile examining the differing perspectives between indoor and outdoor staff)
- Building Leadership in Local Government (Case study by Charlie Zhang on the transformational leadership initiatives undertaken by Lake Macquarie Council)
- Triumphs of transformation: Change challenge small team winner - Tamworth Regional Council [video] (by Marie O’Connell , presentation at Voice Breakfast, 2014)
- Building a performance culture in local government (by Dr Louise Parkes & Marie O'Connell, presentation at the Best Practice in Local Government Conference, 2014)
- Passion and progress: Reinforcing a positive cycle of engagement and performance (by Louise Parkes, presentation at the 10th Industrial and organisational Psychology Conference, 2013)
- Politics of change (by John Neish, presentation at Voice Breakfast, 2012)
- Driving passion and performance in local government (by Dr Louise Parkes, published in Council Manager Magazine, 2012)
- Passion & progress: A multifaceted program of change at Sydney's Ku-ring-gai council has brought tangible improvements in staff engagement and service provision (by Lisa Dyer, published in HR Monthly, November, 2008)
- Transforming Wyong Shire Council through Learning & Development (by Louise Parkes, Case Study with Wyong Shire Council)
Or Call 1800 8 VOICE (1800 886 423)
Click here to return to the research front page.