In order for not-for-profit organisations to operate successfully, it is important for them to engage various stakeholder groups such as clients, employees and volunteers. Voice Project has been working with NFP organisations for over 10 years, and we understand the key characteristics of these stakeholder groups, as well as the strengths and struggles commonly reported by NFPs.
- Cancer Council Queensland case study (in voice bite: career opportunities)
- Association case study (in voice bite: respect)
- Investing in your Safety Climate (by Cindy Leung)
- Inclusive Work Practices (by Robert Fullerton)
- What are the people practices of customer-centric organisations? (by Louise Parkes)
- State of the Not-for-Profit Sector (by Dr Peter Langford & Ben Eastment, presentation at the HR NFP Network, 2013)
- Balancing Passion and Progress: How do we manage volunteers? (by Dr Louise Parkes & Carly Adams, Presentation at Not-For-Profit Human Resources Forum, 2012)
- The importance of listening (by Dr Louise Parkes, keynote presentation at the ACSA National Conference, 2011)
- Money or the Mission? Comparing drivers of employee engagement in commercial and not-for-profit organisations (by Dr Louise Parkes & Dr Peter Langford, published in the Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Yeppoon, QLD, December, 2006)
- Engaging employees (by Dr Louise Parkes & Dr Peter Langford, published in Association Management, 2006)
Please contact us to obtain a copy of the article.
Or Call 1800 8 VOICE (1800 886 423)
Click here to return to the research front page.